Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Living with Other People

I didnt know living with other people is not an easy task. All my life, I have just lived with my family.

I've always considered hygiene as SOP. I've met people who don't take a bath everyday (sheesh). There are people who seem to be clean, but when I saw their toilet, grabe ang dumi ng bowl, (yun tipong matatakot kang gumamit uggh), o di kaya tons of unwashed plates that have been left for days in the kitchen sink. There are also people who are BURARA, as in walang isang salita, magulo at mahirap pakisamahan. At may mga mahilig rin mangialam ng buhay at gamit ng iba - the most annoying for me.

And oh for the first time, I encountered a group of ultimate OCs, neat frieks (intolerable to some extent). Here are some of their rules:
-You should mop the kichen floor everytime you use it.
-There shouldnt be any hint of garbage in the waste can at night before going to sleep, even if it's just some empty cans.
-You should not bang doors (bedroom) but have to close it slllowly.
-Drips of water outside the bathroom (from someone who has just taken a bath) is not acceptable.
-Changing of bedsheets every week.

Now I slowly get to understand why the Western culture has 'live-in' practices. You really get to know a person very very well once you live in the same house. It's so easy to put up a decent, jolly, and pleasant disposition/image in few hours of gimiks or dates. Even in the Philippines, there are people who practice 'live-in', but that's usually for reasons of convenience ehem. But no, I'm not promoting 'live-in' at all. :)

the key: compromise, adjust, and lots of patience... which is so much easier said than done :)

No comments: