Monday, October 15, 2007

Rants (Again) ?

I still remember those days in my previous company, where almost everyone has their own fair share of rants hehe. That I guess is still acceptable to some extent. (pakwento na lng kayo sa mga taong naiwan dun :p)

After I move here, I was surprized to see a few people with so much rants again.. (which I actually find senseless)

And this time, these people are complaining about boredom! That's it, just boredom. 'Walang magawa dito sa SG, puro mall lng' - bukambibig nila. Well SG is actually a small place, I read somewhere in a magazine that it's 1/8 the size of Cebu.

Philippines is a big country, but I dont think you get to tour each of the 7107 islands every weekend right.

They complain about the small salaries in Manila, about insufficient work-life balance.. so probably here are their criteria for working abroad:
-**high salary
-**cheap airfare for frequent vacation trips to Manila
-safe/decent environment
-low tax
-low cost of living
-better lifestyle/quality of life
-a big place for weekend out of town trips

I really feel like knocking them in the head and telling them:
'You idiots, there's no perfect place in this world. You probably should go back and relearn that there's such word as TRADE-OFF. You can't get the best of everything. You yourself are not perfect enough and do not deserve a perfect spot in this world.'

Dont take me wrong, I'm not a big fan nor promoter of SG. Even I still can't picture myself settling down in this country. Let's say that I'm just being fair. And as one of my favorite lines goes 'Everything is a choice'. Being bored is a choice. Tulungan mo ang sarili mo. Find things to do and stop being a loser. And besides, if you feel so strongly about SG being so small that can't provide you with weekend out-of-town trips, then shell out money and go to nearby countries.

Hehe it's been long since I've written an entry with emotions. I just got ticked off by these people who dont know how to be thankful for what they're getting, and worse they tend to overgeneralize that eveyone is like them too.

No comments: