Sunday, August 24, 2008

Food Lab: Special Episode

I think staying one year independently has slightly improved my cooking skill. See, they look more presentable and edible now than my previous posts :)


Crabmeat in Egg White with Broccoli





Thai Pineapple Rice







Here's a new experiment on Rice Pilaf. I see this often in Japanese stalls in Kopitiam. I've been wanting to copy this egg-wrapped rice. Finally accomplished with a non-stick pan, again borrowed from hausmate.

Japanese Rice Pilaf





Of course, I would also love to perfect one of my classic pieces - Chicken Gordon Bleu. It tastes better now hehe.

Classic* Chicken Gordon Bleu




Recently, my hausmate introduced me to this stove-top grilling pan. Amazing, I didnt know grilling is possible without a griller hehe. I like the nice brown lines effect. I have here pork steak, chicken steak, and bacon-wrapped prawns. Hmm so probably I am starting to be a crossover of 'east meets a little west'. :)

Pork Steak, Chicken Steak, Bacon-Wrapped Prawn




What I ended up doing, adding my library of cookbooks hihi. Grill Time. :)

2 comments:

scarface said...

wahahahah bow.. grill time...marinate and grill. two steps. lols

mswong716 said...

good learning. pwede ka na sa iron chef hehe.