Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Gift Shopper

Probably it was only in SG that I realized the 'joy' of giving. In my previous vacations, I just always have the urge to buy something for everyone in the family. And take note, it's only my immediate family (so less than 10pax) and I still always end up in excess baggage mode (or, if not, in ultra heavy handcarries mode) hehe I need an efficient packer. :)

The July08 was my one-time big-time gift-giving mode. Staying for one year+, I feel obliged to give them something pretty much substantial hehe. (well I've been receiving so much gifts from them all these years). An overflow of bags and of course clothes. My mom loves the clothes I buy for her (it takes skill and practice to buy for others!). :) Ey I suddenly feel like applying for a professional shopper :p







Though this might have added some credit card swipes, I dont mind at all, so much for people I care! And it's once in a long while.

Actually I didnt receive much birthday gifts from friends this year. I suddenly felt my circle of friends are getting smaller (since a lot of them have left or some have drifted apart). I sometimes wonder (or maybe envy) those people who will blog about who sent an sms to greet them, gave them gifts, with a list adding to about a hundred hehe. Anyway it's the quality and not the quantity :p. I'm glad to have something I really wanted and needed. My good friend seems to know me so well that she gave me a yoga mat (I'm planning to enroll in yoga) and a bag in my favorite color! Back home my achis and I always have this un-surprised surprise. We went for a vacation and they noticed my bag was not so 'porma' so they bought me one that is fit for beach/travel. I also told them I like one specific walking shoe and they find me one. One gave me a pair of earrings. And my mom even replenished my Globe cards haha. Just everything I have in my shopping list. Thank you!

I have a friend (guy) who is so much into signature/designer items. A funny thing is that he was so proud he bought his ex-gf (who is fond of tiangge shopping) a limited edition of Dior shirt costing around probably 10K php. And he bashes that probably the shirt can buy his ex all the items in her favorite tiangge. Hmm I doubt it was appreciated, cause they broke up :p

For me, gift giving lies in the thought, the effort to find something that fits or something that could probably be of some use. It's gotta have some heart, just that. :)

No comments: