Friday, September 26, 2008

Hair Craze - Ultimate

Early this year, I had my hair dyed. But my real target isnt really just the color thing, I want big waves and curls hehe. I've always wanted an ala-princess or doll hairdo that's not messy and frizzy. :p. In SG, perm and color go together or else it would be too 'auntie' look if you have black curly hair, that's whay they say.

I got my hair highlights before July's vacation. Actually the salon didnt do a good job. The first application was totally 'invisible', I didnt really see any difference before and after I step into the salon. Then I said I wasnt satisfied, and they applied a second application for free (SG never lets an unhappy customer step away from their store). The second was finally 'visible' and the color was actually stronger that I intended. I did catch quite a lot of attention in Manila, it just probably didnt fit the image that people remember me to be, I look like a party animal. :p

When I went back to SG, I scouted for the best deal and finally had my hair permed. Digital perm is quite popular in SG. It gives you big soft curls that are not too difficult to maintain. Sometimes it doesnt look like real curls, but rather a 'set' hair from parlor. I'm loving it. :p It's a bit heavy on the pocket though, probably 4X of the price I paid when I had my first regular curl in Manila last 2004. :p

During my Sept vacation in Manila, people seem to think of me as a 'foreigner'. Service crew in restaurant talks to me in English. Family friends cant recognize me during the christening party. On my way back to SG, I took a cab in SG from airport and the cab driver was surprised to know I came from Manila. 'I thought you're from HK or China, you dont look like Filipino, not at all'.

Here's a comparison using some famous TW stars with curly hair, it's too ambititious I know :p hey everyone has a free pass to dreamland.


I dont know what change I'm capable of. :p Yeah I'm done with my hair experiments, looking for the next best thing :)

No comments: