Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Herbs and Spices



In SG whenever I have something that's troubling me, I know I can always count on him. He is my friend in college. He just left SG last month for US to take his Masteral, that's why I felt like scribbling something in memory of him. (hehehe lol he is still alive and kicking)

In my first month, I did not ask for money but he offered to lend his credit card. I always remember a good deed.

When I was yelled by the maid of the ex-hausmate (well everyone of us used to be a victim of that once in a while), I was so upset that I didnt wanna go home, I went to his place to have dinner to flush away all the angsts.

For career talks, he is the man. He sort of, i think, at least doubled his salary by jumping into 3 jobs in 1 year.

He is one of the two people from college who always believe that I can surely do well if only I opted to pursue masteral studies. Nobody now would believe I used to be intelligent. Haha.

When I was worried that we will be sent off the house, the people I talked to just gave me kinda-retarded answers, by throwing back the question to me. He's the only one who gave valid arguments that if we were sent off, there is some net loss and opportunity cost between the owner and agent. Only after that was I relieved.

For chismisan, bashing, bastusan jokes, anything under the sun talks, our wavelengths meet most of the time.

And even up to the last week before he left, I again asked for a favor. That was the time when I was rushing to sell my stocks. The HR folks wouldnt accept my 'Authority to Sell' form because she wanted a scanned image affixed with my signature. I dont have access to scanner as I was in client site. I called my sisters to 'forge' my signature and send back a scanned copy to me, unfortunately their email system was down. I realized a lot of my close friends in SG have left and I dont have much people to entrust this big responsibility. Then I remember him again. Luckily he wasn't busy since those were his last few days in office. I told him clearly, 'I need you to forge my signature, scan it and send it back to me, dont worry it's with my consent'. Hahaha what an odd request. He kept on laughing and asking me, 'are you sure, i dont wanna be jailed' haha. And that's it, done deal, sold.

Now I started to feel that I am not a newbie here anymore. All those I'm closed with who came before me has gone somewhere else: to Au, to Mla, to Samar, and now this one to US. I'm now one of the oldest (in terms of tenure, not age I have to specify hehe). I dont have a 'master' to guide me if needed.

I'm gonna miss having someone who is always reliable.

And oh. I have to add. He is GAY by the way, the most effeminate, smartest, conservative, one hell of a hot gay. hahaha. He has more boys kwento to share than me. And oh my skin has improved after he shared with me his beauty tips (no kidding!). Else I wont be blogging about him. I'm not planning yet to feature any straight guy in my blog, no topics that might sort of blackmail or jeopardize my name. haha :)

Not all gays are flirts, trash. They probably are guys with an additional pinch of herbs and spices. Some do have substance and are driven go-getters. And for that, I applaud them.

No comments: