Monday, September 22, 2008

Mid-Autumn Festival: Mooncake Galore

September 14 is the exact day for Mid-Autumn Festival. One month before this, all malls have been teeming with so much mooncake bazaars. A typical normal plain mooncake costs around twice of Ph's price. The more famous brands are those from SG hotels or imports from HK/TW and my, these are really exaggerately priced. One pc can buy you one box (of 4) in Ph!

The new craze these recent years in Oriental countries is the Snow Skin mooncake. It took TW/HK/SG by storm as everyone seems to be going gaga over this refrigerated, flavored, colored, not-your-typical-traditional-ovenbaked mooncake. The more popular flavors are green tea, taro/yam, strawberry, pandan, durian, coffee, chocolate, banana. I have attended a mooncake workshop, sharing some pix of green tea snow skin mooncake.



During my last September trip back home, I had so many of these mooncakes. I got 4 boxes (1box=4pcs) for my family and a friend asked me a favor to take home 2 more boxes. My goodness, it was really one heck of a big &^%!. 6 boxes weigh around 5kg and i have another handcarry bag of 6kg. I felt like my fingers were disconnecting from my hand, my arms were disconnecting from my shoulder.

No comments: